We detected an old browser!
This website doesn't support Internet Explorer 8 and older.
Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to the latest version in order to enjoy this website.
Easy to use
Presented in a traditional wallchart, bookings can be easily moved or duplicated. You have an instant view of the resource's availability over time. Colours and shapes help you see the finer details as well as anticipate overbookings.
- Drag and drop - Just grab a booking and move it to another slot. Your changes are automatically saved.
- Duplication - Save time by using the duplication tool to schedule new bookings based on existing ones.
- Date and time - Plan your schedules over any time scale: from minutes to weeks, all in the same wallchart.
- Colours and shapes - Customise booking categories by shape, colour and size to display details the way you want.
Watch product tour
The built-in flexibility of Retain Resource Planning empowers you to view your planning data any way you like. Analysis is made easier because you are presented only with relevant information. View settings can be saved and are thus interchangeable on-demand.
- Filter - Search for and select resources based on your own criteria. Create special selections to filter any data captured by Retain.
- Rotate - Switch between viewing bookings by resource or by project. Easily publish schedules so Individuals and teams can view their own assignments.
- Share - Publish schedules selectively or make them public within your organisation while always keeping planning under control.
See how our Resource Planning Software compares to Microsoft Excel
Reports and forecasts
The integrated report builder lets you create any number of reports important to your business metrics. Retain includes a comprehensive reporting suite allowing you to extract meaningful business information.
- Report building - Building a report is made easy with a flexible tool covering all available fields and metrics.
- Forecasts - You can construct scenarios and create ghost bookings to help you foresee the impact of your planning choices.
- Ready to share - Reports can be exported to MS-Excel and printed.
Build your own metrics
Every organisation is different which is why with Retain Resource Planning software you can measure your own success using your metrics to calculate the effectiveness of your business.
Tracking skills plays an important role in any organisation. Retain Resource Planning's talent management feature makes tapping into your talent pool a part of your scheduling process. Finding the right person for a given task is easy when the information is centralised.
- Completely flexible - Use the standard template, build your own skill structure or simply connect with an existing HR system.
- Best fit - Narrow down a list of candidates for a project using the intuitive selection tool based on skills such as technical ability, language or experience.
- Close gaps - Monitor skills shortages and address gaps through training or hiring.
Watch video to learn more
Try out Retain for free today!
Bringing together managers and planners is greatly enhanced by Retain Resource Planning. Managers now have access to a brand new interface to create and submit detailed team requests. Planners can pick these requests and fulfil them accordingly.
- Best fit - When responding to a request, planners are presented with a list of candidate resources starting with the best fit thus saving time.
- Control - Managers can review staffing proposals in Retain Resource Planning before approving and creating bookings.
- Collaboration - Large teams spread over multiple business units can each be planned separately and independently. Their respective supervisors operate in a controlled way and through a centralised process.
Retain Resource Planning fits organisations of all shapes and sizes. Built with scalability and security in mind, Retain gives you the tools to quickly deploy and manage the application. And with full control over sensitive client information, you will enjoy the confidence of knowing your company's data is safe.
Learn more about who uses Retain
- Architecture - Retain is a self-hosted solution requiring minimal amounts of resources and under your full control.
- Custom design - From its general appearance to the way users interact with it, you have the ability to extensively personalise Retain Resource Planning more than any competing solution.
- Security - Retain helps you be compliant with data governance requirements as well as set user permissions.
You can use Retain as a MS-Windows application, a web application, or both. The Retain Mobile app also lets you access scheduling information on the go using your smartphone.
Retain Mobile brochure
Operating internationally brings about many challenges. Retain supports multiple alphabets, calendars, work hours, timezones and currencies. Planning your workforce with Retain lets you easily connect teams from across the globe.
Retain has a strong track record of integrating with leading enterprise systems such as SAP, Elite, Oracle or NetSuite.
- Secure - Import/Export data across secured enterprise networks.
- Synchronise - Keep data silos up-to-date through automated feeds.
Try out Retain for free today!